Thursday, May 07, 2009

Duke Nukem Forever. Never?

In a rather sad bit of news I was just pointed at this: Report: Duke Nukem Developer Shuts Down.

You heard it right, 3D Realms is going, going, gone. This is very troubling as I have friends who have been checking the 3D Realms website every day for the last 10 years waiting on any little tidbit of information. Yes, I am aware that it is sad that I just said that, but its the truth.

I am unsure of exactly what IP agreements are in place regarding everything surrounding the game, whatever of it does exist. Regardless, I will use this is an opportunity to call on 3D Realms to open up the source code to the game and let the people work on finishing it. They can retain the rights and all that good stuff, but for heaven's sake, don't let the Duke die!

As the Duke would say, "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and 3D Realms is all out of gum."

Do it. Do it.