Saturday, January 12, 2008

Godspeed to All You're After

Lyric from the song: Godspeed
By: Anberlin
From the Album: Cities

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like a piece of them just died? I surely do.

Back in the day, when I was a mere speck of nothingness on the Open Source map, one name everyone knew was Havoc Pennington. Not only because it was only the coolest name every but because the guy was one of the greatest hackers of our time. In secret, I had always dreamed of meeting the man behind the mailing list posts and then one day I did and it turned out that not only was all the hype true, it wasn't enough.

Havoc is one of the greatest people I have ever had the privilege of meeting and working with. A great mind, a genius hacker and most importantly an all around good guy.

Havoc, you are a pioneer and visionary, your daily presence will be missed. Godspeed to
all you're after...