Friday, January 21, 2005

A Few Good Reasons to Stay Indoors

1. ThinkPad T42, which I finally got today. First, UPS had a mechanical failure on their plane from Hong Kong, how convenient. Then, I leave a notice to leave my package in the office, which the UPS guy ignores. I drive to the UPS center when they tell me the driver returned it there, but they lied, of course. I go shopping and come back to find the UPS truck returning to drop off packages at my place for his last run of the day. Nice toy and should help me get some work done. Well, it just so happens that I am going to be indoors for the next few days.

2. Tonight's Forecast: Cloudy intervals. Cold. Low -3F. Wind chill -16F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

3. Tomorrow's Forecast: A few clouds early, otherwise mostly sunny. Very cold. High near 5F. Wind chill -19F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

4. And Saturday: Some afternoon light snow. Highs in the low teens and lows 2 to -2F, Wind chill -18F.

5. The current 3Ft of snow already on the ground.

I almost lost my fingers when going up the stairs from parking the car. That would have really pissed me off. I would have locked myself out of my ThinkPad because the fingerprint reader does a thermal signature as well. Cool Stuff. I might actually end up doing something useful now.