Saturday, January 15, 2005

Two Words: IBM Rocks

I ordered a ThinkPad T42 because my 6 year old Dell Inspiron 5000e is shot. I've also been having issues with it for a while before it decided to die anyway. So I ordered the T42 and all was well until I got my order confirmation email which showed only a 1 year warranty. So I called up IBM tonight and told them the order should have been for a 3 year warranty and the sales rep was happy to oblige. Then all of a sudden he pauses and tells me that I can get a better model with almost all of the specs doubled for $200 less than what I'm paying now. I was ecstatic!! So my T42 now has an Pentium M 745 which is 1.8GHz, a Gig of RAM, and 80GB 7200 RPM drive with a nice ass video card as well. And yes, its $200 less. Still, thats not the best part--It comes with the IBM fingerprint reader!! I can't wait to play with that thing. Anyone know if PAM has hooks for this or am I going to have to do some hacking?